Mafia Wars is a game that is available for the iPhone and iTouch via a free download in the App Store. If you play the game often you might be interested to know about this glitch, which allows you to have a virtually endless supply of money and energy. With this Mafia Wars glitch you'll be able to level up quickly and purchase properties so that your Mafia always has a good cash flow. Here is how you glitch Mafia Wars on the iPhone.
Mafia Wars iPhone Glitch
This Mafia Wars glitch does NOT require that you have a jailbroken iPhone or iTouch, it will work on ANY iPhone or iTouch.
Please note: As of the writing of this article this glitch works on Mafia Wars for the iPhone and iTouch, which is currently at version 1.1. The same glitch is present in Vampires: Bloodlust for the iPhone, but has been patched by Zynga in version 1.13, so look for Zynga to patch this in their next version. Take advantage of it now.
Steps to glitch Mafia Wars on the iPhone
For the purposes of this how-to we're going to assume you have already installed Mafia Wars on your iPhone and have already been playing the game.
- Connect your iPhone to your PC and allow it to sync, this way it backs up your data. (be sure to check that there is not an update available for Mafia Wars, as the Vampire 1.13 update was a forced update)
- Disconnect your iPhone from the PC and delete Mafia Wars from the iPhone.
- Reconnect your iPhone and reinstall Mafia Wars from iTunes (click your iPhone on the left and go into the Apps sync setting and re-check Mafia Wars).
- Disconnect your iPhone from the PC, but do not launch the Mafia Wars application yet.
- Go into the iPhone / iTouch settings, General, Date and Time and set the date to 1970 (or another date in the past), then back out to the Springboard (home screen on iPhone)
- Launch Mafia Wars, play a few missions, do a couple of fights, purchase properties, whatever you want. Just make sure you have a positive cash-flow. Then exit the Mafia Wars app again.
- Go back into the iPhone Setting and re-adjust the date again, moving it forward a year or two.
- Re-launch Mafia Wars and look at all that cash, and note that your energy and stamina is also full again. Do some missions, buy properties, fight, etc.
- Repeat the date changing steps, purchase properties, etc. until your satisfied with your new income and level. You can change the date up to 2038, but do it slowly because it appears there is another glitch that also sets your cash to zero if you have more than 2 billion on hand. So just play with the dates for the maximum return without passing that and you're good to go.
- Now that you're done set the date and time to the current date and time. You'll notice that your money, energy, and stamina regeneration is a bit messed up. We're going to fix that in the next steps.
- Connect your iPhone to your PC and sync it.
- On the iPhone delete the Mafia Wars application.
- Connect to your PC and sync again, re-selecting Mafia Wars so it re-installs.
- Disconnect, open up Mafia Wars and your game is back to normal, but you're now making loads of cash.
Note: This can also be done by advancing the date from the current date (instead of going back to 1970). The key to the glitch is to sync after you've made the glitched changes, delete the app, then re-sync and reinstall. Have fun.