Bringing Up the Cheat Window
Press CTRL+SHIFT+C to bring up the cheats console window in The Sims 2 and enter the following cheat codes. Sims 2 cheats are case sensitive.
Money Cheats in Sims 2
- Motherlode Get 50,000 Cash
(to get money quicker while in the cheats console, after entering the cheat, press up and then enter, this will enter the cheat again)
- help lists all the cheats in the game.
- help [cheatname] displays specific information about the cheat.
- exit closes the cheat window.
- expand expands or contracts the cheat window.
Move Objects Parameter
- moveObjects on Turns moving of objects on.
- moveObjects off Turns moving of objects off.
Please note that this cheat will allow you to move and delete objects, such as the mailbox, that normally cannot be moved. Use caution with this cheat, once something is deleted there is no way to get it back.
Turn Aging On or Off
- aging -on Turns aging of sims on.
- aging -off Turns aging of sims off.
This cheat prevents Sims from aging when in the 'off' selection.
Turn Auto Patch / Auto Update On or Off
- autoPatch -on Turns autoupdate on.
- autoPatch -off Turns autoupdate off.
This cheat lets you re-enable notifications when there is a game update available for The Sims 2. With auto-update on simply go to the Custom Content Browser, if there is an available update for The Sims 2 you will be asked if you want to install it.
Slow Motion Sims
- slowMotion # Lets you set the game speed. (# = 0 to 8, 0 is normal and game will become slower as the number increases)
Turn Post Processing On or Off
- boolProp enablePostProcessing true Turns Post processing on.
- boolProp enablePostProcessing false Turns Post processing off.
Some cheats require the use of post processing, but you will need a graphics card that supports pixel shaders in order to use it. The use of post processing is good for making movies in The Sims 2.
The Sims 2 Movie Cheats
- bloom rgb # Sitcom flashback blur effect
- bloom [r g b #] (rgb is color) (# is the bloom amount) [0.0 - 1.0]:
- vignette # # # Blurry bits at the edge of the screen.
vignette [centerX centerY X] (X is the vignetteing factor) [0.0 - 1.0]: Adds a blur effect from the specified center. Using "vignette 0.5 0.5 0.5" should put some blurry bits at the edge of the screen. Vignette 0.5 0.5 1.0 is maximum edge blurryness.
- filmGrain # Grainy screen (# = 0.0 to 1.0)
- letterBox # Adds a letterbox effect to the view. (# = 0.0 to 0.4)
The movie cheats listed above require post processing.
Move Mood BarsJust bring up the cheat tool (ctrl c) and type in boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true and then exit the lot you are in. Then go back into the same lot. You can then move the mood bars up and down.
Move Mood Bars cheat submitted by Georgia R.
Make a Custom Sim in Sims 2Type in boolProp TestingCheatsEnabled true/false into the cheat screen then hold shift and click on anything! Bonuses come up, but do not click 'Force Error' if you do, just press reset and all will be fine for the sim, but if it is nothing to do with the sim press delete and your sim will be safe.
While in the make a family screen, you must have already typed in this code, boolProp TestingCheatsEnabled true, then hold Shift + N and you will be able to make a custom sim!
Above Sims 2 cheat submitted by Alyssa Jones.
Have Another Cheat or Tip? Send it in!
If you have a cheat code or tip for this, or any other game we do not have listed, send it in to us. More information here.