Unlocking The Dark World
To unlock The Dark World in Disgaea 2 you must first find five hidden switch, the location of these switches is listed below. Once you have found them all, and aqctivated them all by pressing X near them, you will hear a message saying "An eeirie shadow lurks upon Holt village." Then Friday MK / Dark Guide will appear and issue a challenge to you near one of the switches. If you accept the challenge and beat her you will unlock The Dark World and will be able to play a much higher difficulty of the levels you have already completed. Here are where the switches are:
Switch 1: Behind the fallen pillar behind the Dark Secretary and Post Master.
Switch 2: Next to the back door of Adell's house.
Switch 3: Behind Zommie III's house.
Switch 4: On the side of the pathway behind Mario Boy.
Switch 5: In the front right corner.
Secret Character Classes
The following classes are considered secret in Disgaea 2. How to unlock a certain class is listed below. In addition, you will need to pass the proposal to create a new class at the Dark Assembly before any of these classes can truly be unlocked.
Archer: Have someone reach Level 5 Bow Mastery.
Ninja (Male): Have someone reach Level 5 Weapon Mastery with Fist and Sword.
Ninja (Female): Have someone reach Level 5 Weapon Mastery with Fist and Staff.
Samurai: Have someone reach Level 5 Sword Mastery.
Gunner: Have someone reach Level 5 Gun Mastery.
Heavy Knight: Have someone reach Level 3 Spear Mastery.
Magic Knight: Have someone reach Level 3 Weapon Mastery with Sword and Staff.
Beast Tamer: Capture a monster.
Sinner: Have someone in your party become a criminal.
Chaos Soldier: Successfully complete the game.
Wiseman: Do over 500 Plus Color Change Combos (acquire 500 or more cumulative points on a Geo chain; you can unlock this class before you get to Episode 2)
The following list defines all of the secret rooms in Disgaea 2 along with what the rooms actually do. Each room is randomly selected and once you have entered a secret room another secret room will not appear until you have cleared at least three more floors.
- Seven Monsters: Defeat all seven monsters in the room in two turns and the level of the item you are in will increase by three.
- Treasure Guardian: Fight the guardian and you will have a chance to loot his treasure and gain experience.
- Free Treasure: A few Free Treasure chests that you can loot.
- Orc Pirates: A few Treasure Chests and some information on the Pirates.
- Hospital: Recover HP/SP and resurrect fallen characters.
- Bribery Shop: Sells special items you can use to bribe Senators at the Dark Assembly.
- Mana Potion Shop: Sells Mana potions.
- Equipment Shop: Carries Equipment, may have Rare and Legendary items for sale.
- Cellphone Store: Sells various cellphones.
- Department Store: Has a Bribery, Mana Potion, Equipment and Cellphone stores.
- Scroll Store: Sells Weapon Scrolls.
- Collector: Adds a Collector specialist to your item.
- Fortune Teller: Tells your fortune and gives you luck (Changes the item level). Good = +3 Levels, Great = +10 Levels, Bad = -3 Levels, and Worst = -9 levels.
- Shady Bar: Pay either 10,000 Hell or half of all of your characters HP, and at the start of the next battle your bonus gauge will be filled.
Cheats and hints for Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories on the PS2 submitted by Kenny Baker.