The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion has arrived on the PlayStation 3 video game console. It does not have the same number of cheats as the PC version, but the PS3 version is supported by all of the hints and tips located in the Oblivion Cheats index as well. In addition, there is a new method of duplicating items in Oblivion on the PS3, the details are below.
Duplicating Items in Oblivion on PS3
In case you were wondering, yes, PS3 owners can dupe items in Oblivion just as easily as Xbox 360 owners can dupe after the update patch, and with the Shivering Isles expansion. Just follow these simple steps.
- Have 2 (or more) magic scrolls of the same type. The scrolls must not be stolen, if they are stolen, sell them and then buy them back.
- Click on the scroll twice.
- Drop the item you want to duplicate from your inventory. You must have more scrolls than the item you want to dupe.
- Exit the inventory screen and pick up your loot.
Special notes about this method:
- Some weapons and armor cannot be duplicated.
- The charge on magical items must be full in order for duplicating to work.
- You must have at least 2 scrolls of the same type for this to work. To get lots of scrolls, simply have two different scrolls (2 of each) and use them to dupe each other until you have tons of one.
- The health of an item must be at 100% for duping to work, if it is not, have an NPC repair it.
- Some items for whatever reason simply will not duplicate, some won't dupe on the first try, and others (such as arrows) almost never fail to dupe.
More Oblivion Hints and Tips
Looking for more cheats, hints, and tips for The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion on the PlayStation 3? Take a look in the Oblivion Cheats index, which contains cheats, hints, tips, guides and walkthroughs for The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and The Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles on PC, Xbox 360, and PS3.